SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Hamilton Incident
Case Number: 18-OCI-059
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCI-059
- Shortly after noon on Saturday, February 24, 2018, Hamilton Police Service officers attended a residence in the area of Rymal Road East and Upper James Street as a result of receiving a 911 call from the residence.
- When officers entered the home, they became involved in an interaction with the man.
- The man was taken to hospital for treatment of injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342