SIU Investigating Man’s Death in Brampton
Case Number: 18-OOD-075
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OOD-075
The province’s Special Investigations Unit is investigating the circumstances surrounding the death of a 36-year-old man early this morning in Brampton.
Preliminary information suggests the following:
- At approximately 12:30 a.m. on Monday, March 12, 2018, Peel Regional Police officers responded to a medical assistance call at a residence in the McLaughlin Road and Queen Street West area.
- Upon arrival officers commenced CPR and naloxone was administered to the man.
- The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
At this time, two investigators and three forensic investigators have been assigned to this incident.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342