SIU Investigating Death of Woman in Kapuskasing
Case Number: 18-PCD-077
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PCD-077
- At approximately 5:30 p.m. on March 12, 2018, Ontario Provincial Police officers and Emergency Medical Services personnel attended a residence in the area of Riverside Drive and Kolb Avenue as a result of receiving a call concerning a woman.
- The woman was persuaded to attend hospital, and she was admitted.
- At 2 a.m. on March 13, 2018, the woman was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342