SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Interaction between Woman and Police in Chatham
Case Number: 18-PCI-076
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PCI-076
- Close to midnight on March 10, 2018, the woman was traveling eastbound on Park Avenue West. Just south of Lacroix Street, the woman was pulled over by an OPP officer.
- There was an interaction, and the woman was arrested.
- Soon after being released from the police station, the woman attended hospital where she was diagnosed with serious injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342