SIU Investigating Death of Man in Thunder Bay
Case Number: 18-OCD-096
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCD-096
- In the morning hours of April 1, 2018, the Thunder Bay Police Service was notified of a dispute at an apartment building in the area of South Water Street and Cumberland Street South.
- Officers arrived at the building at approximately 7:35 a.m.
- A short time later, a man was found on the ground below a 3rd floor apartment unit.
- The man was transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342