SIU Investigating Shooting of Man in Sudbury
Case Number: 18-OFI-098
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OFI-098
- At approximately 6:15 p.m. on April 1, 2018, officers with the Greater Sudbury Police Service responded to the Transit Terminal located on 9 Elm Street in response to a man causing a disturbance.
- There was an interaction between officers and the man, and one officer discharged his firearm.
- The man was struck and subsequently transported to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342