SIU Investigating Death of Man in Oro-Medonte Township
Case Number: 18-PCD-108
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PCD-108
- On Friday, April 6, 2018, Ontario Provincial Police officers attended the man’s residence at approximately 9:30 p.m. as they had reasons to arrest him.
- The officers did not make an arrest, and left the residence shortly after.
- The next morning, police were notified by a family member that the man had been found deceased in the residence.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342