Man who was Involved in Courtland Vehicle Collison has Died; SIU Investigation Continues
Case Number: 18-PVD-094
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PVD-094
- At approximately 2 p.m. on March 31, 2018, Ontario Provincial Police officers attempted to stop a vehicle on Simcoe Street in Tillsonburg.
- The driver of the vehicle did not stop.
- On Main Street in Courtland, the same vehicle was involved in a collision.
- The driver was transported to hospital in serious condition.
- On the morning of April 8, 2018, the man was pronounced dead in hospital.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342