SIU Investigating Death of Man in Innerkip
Case Number: 18-PCD-125
- At approximately 1 a.m. on April 23, 2018, a call came in to 911 regarding a man in distress.
- Based on the call, Ontario Provincial Police officers attended the area of Oxford Road 22 and Oxford Road 29 where a vehicle was located on the shoulder of the road. The Tactical Response Unit also arrived.
- When officers approached the vehicle, a man was found in the car with a gunshot wound.
- He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342