SIU Investigating Falling Death of Man in Toronto
Case Number: 18-TCD-155
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-TCD-155
- At approximately 4 p.m. on May 27, 2018, the Toronto Police Service received a call regarding a man in distress on the roof of a seven-storey building in the area of Yonge Street and Glencairn Avenue.
- Officers attended the scene, including members from the Emergency Task Force.
- While officers were speaking to the man, the man fell to the ground below.
- He was transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead at 4:39 p.m.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342