SIU Investigating after Woman Struck by Vehicle in Kitchener
Case Number: 18-OCI-168
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCI-168
- At approximately 1 p.m. on June 5, 2018, Waterloo Regional Police Service officers were conducting an investigation in the area of Weber Street East and Fergus Avenue.
- As a result of that investigation, a man was arrested by officers. A woman who was with the man fled, and an officer followed. The woman ran onto the street and was struck by a vehicle.
- The woman was transported to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342