SIU Investigating After Woman in Almonte Sustains Gunshot Wound
Case Number: 18-PFI-177
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PFI-177
- At approximately 10:15 a.m. on June 12, 2018, two Ontario Provincial Police officers with the Lanark detachment attended a residence for purposes of conducting an investigation.
- While on the porch of the residence, two dogs exited and both officers sustained dog bite injuries.
- One officer discharged her firearm multiple times at one of the dogs. One of the projectiles struck the 64-year-old woman who was on the porch with the officers.
- The woman and both officers were transported to hospital for treatment.
- The dog succumbed to its injuries at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342