SIU Investigating Man’s Death in Port Hope
Case Number: 18-OOD-184
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OOD-184
- Shortly before midnight on June 17, 2018, Port Hope Police Service officers responded to a medical assistance call at a residence in the County Road 2 and Marsh Road area.
- Upon arrival, officers commenced CPR on a man and administered naloxone to him.
- Emergency Medical Services arrived and the man was transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342