SIU Investigating after ATV Involved in Collision with Cruiser in Burlington
Case Number: 18-PVI-190
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PVI-190
- At approximately 10 a.m. on June 25, 2018, the Ontario Provincial Police Burlington detachment received several calls regarding a man operating an ATV on the Queen Elizabeth Way.
- Officers located the vehicle and attempted to stop it. However, the ATV driver refused to stop.
- The ATV driver exited the highway at Eastport Drive.
- A short time later, the ATV made its way back towards the highway at which point it became involved in a collision with a cruiser.
- The man was taken to hospital for treatment of a serious injury. His female passenger did not sustain any serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342