SIU Investigating After Vehicle Crashes Into Tree in Oshawa
Case Number: 18-OVI-198
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OVI-198
- At approximately 1:00a.m on July 4, 2018, officers with the Durham Regional Police Service attempted to stop a vehicle in the Dundas Street and Thickson Road area.
- The vehicle collided into a tree in the area of King Street West and Thornton Road.
- The driver of the vehicle suffered a serious injury and was transported to Oshawa General Hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342