SIU Investigating Man’s Death in Guelph
Case Number: 18-OOD-201
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OOD-201
- At approximately 11:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 5, 2018, officers with Guelph Police Service along with EMS and Fire, responded to a medical assistance call at the Guelph Central Station.
- Upon arrival officers commenced CPR and naloxone was administered to the man.
- The man was transported to Guelph General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342