SIU Investigating Death of Woman in London
Case Number: 18-OCD-207
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCD-207
- In the evening hours of July 15, 2018, the London Police Service received a call regarding a woman in distress at an apartment building on Wonderland Road South.
- Officers attended the apartment unit, and made attempts to negotiate with the woman.
- Shortly after, the woman fell from the balcony to the ground below.
- She was transported to hospital where she was pronounced dead at 10:48 p.m.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342