SIU Investigating Falling Death of Man in Hamilton
Case Number: 18-OCD-214
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCD-214
- At approximately 10:30 p.m. on July 19, 2018, 911 received a call regarding a man in distress on the parking garage at the Juravinski Hospital at 711 Concession Street.
- While Hamilton Police Service officers were en route to the scene, 911 received another call about a man lying on the ground at street level.
- Upon arrival, an officer located the man and began assisting a medical professional who was providing First Aid to the man.
- The man was pronounced dead at 10:44 p.m.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342