SIU Investigating Man’s Death in Guelph
Case Number: 18-OOD-218
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OOD-218
- At approximately 3 a.m. on July 21, 2018, Guelph Police Service officers responded to a medical assistance call at an apartment building in the area of Waterloo Avenue and Beechwood Avenue.
- Upon arrival, an officer located an unresponsive male and provided medical assistance to the man. EMS arrived shortly after and took over medical attention.
- The man was pronounced dead at the scene at 3:55 a.m.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342