SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Collision Between Bicycle and Police Vehicle in Cornwall
Case Number: 18-OVI-226
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OVI-226
- At approximately 2:30 p.m. on July 27, 2018, the man was riding his bike eastbound on Second Street East in the bike lane. An unmarked police SUV was traveling in the same direction.
- When the police vehicle proceeded to turned right onto Millville Avenue, it became involved in a collision with the cyclist.
- The cyclist was taken to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342