SIU Investigating After Vehicle Crashes Into Fence in Oshawa
Case Number: 18-OCI-036
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCI-036
- At approximately 3:15 a.m. on February 7, 2018, a Durham Regional Police Service officer located a vehicle of interest and began following the vehicle as it traveled southbound on Mary Street North.
- A short time later, the vehicle collided with a fence belonging to a house situated near the intersection of Mary Street North and Beatrice Street East.
- Multiple occupants in that vehicle fled the scene on foot.
- With the help of police canines, two individuals from the vehicle were located a short distance away and they were arrested.
- One of the individuals was diagnosed with a serious injury in hospital.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342