SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Oshawa Interaction
Case Number: 18-OCI-242
- At approximately 1 a.m. on Saturday, August 11, 2018, officers with Durham Regional Police Service responded to the area of Athol Street East and Celina Street as a result of receiving a complaint about a man in a restaurant.
- Officers located the man in a public parking lot at that intersection, and there was an interaction between the man and officers.
- The man later attended hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342