SIU Investigating Woman’s Death in Midland
Case Number: 18-POD-245
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-POD-245
- At approximately 2 p.m. on August 19, 2018, Ontario Provincial Police officers with the Southern Georgian Bay detachment responded to a medical assistance call at a residence in the William Street and Birchwood Drive area.
- Upon arrival, an officer commenced CPR on the woman and administered naloxone to her.
- When Emergency Medical Services arrived, they took over first aid and subsequently transported the woman to hospital for treatment.
- At 8:43 p.m. on August 20, 2018, the woman was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342