SIU Initiates Investigation in London
Case Number: 18-OOD-248
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OOD-248
- At approximately 7:35 p.m. on August 22, 2018, London Police Service officers responded to a medical assistance call at a residence in the Huron Street and Adelaide Street North area.
- Upon arrival, an officer commenced CPR on the man and administered naloxone to him.
- Emergency Medical Services arrived and transported the man to hospital.
- The man remains in hospital in life-threatening condition.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342