SIU Investigating After Man in London Sustains Serious Injury
Case Number: 18-OVI-262
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OVI-262
- Shortly after midnight, a London Police Service officer responded to the Leroy Avenue and Taylor Street area to conduct an investigation.
- While operating the cruiser, the officer heard a sound.
- He exited the cruiser and found an injured male lying outside the cruiser.
- The man was transported to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342