SIU Investigating Death of Man in Dalrymple
Case Number: 18-PCD-263
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PCD-263
- Shortly after noon on September 2, 2018, Ontario Provincial Police officers responded to an address in Dalrymple for a man in distress.
- Approximately one kilometer away, in a secluded area, officers located the man vital signs absent. First aid was provided to the man and he was transported to hospital.
- The man was pronounced dead at 4:25 p.m.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342