SIU Investigating Police-involved Shooting in Windsor
Case Number: 18-OFI-275
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OFI-275
- At approximately 6 p.m. on September 16, 2018, two Windsor Police Service officers responded to a home on Bonita Street in relation to a domestic incident.
- Upon arrival, officers became involved in an interaction with a 49-year-old man outside the home.
- Both officers discharged their firearms and the man was struck.
- He was transported to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342