SIU Investigating Collision in Toronto
Case Number: 18-TVI-280
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-TVI-280
- Shortly after 2:30 a.m. on September 19, 2018, officers with the Toronto Police Service were on Lansdowne Avenue, south of Dundas Street West, when they attempted to stop a vehicle that had been reported stolen.
- The driver of the vehicle fled from the officers.
- A short time later, the vehicle crashed into a construction site at Lansdowne Avenue and Dundas Street West. Three individuals – one male and two females - managed to exit the vehicle before it went up in flames.
- All three individuals were transported to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342