SIU Investigating Death of Man in Parry Sound
Case Number: 18-POD-285
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-POD-285
- At approximately 11:45 a.m. on September 22, 2018, an officer was en route to a call when he was flagged down and made aware of a man in medical distress in front of a business establishment located at James Street and Seguin Street.
- The officer commenced CPR on the man and naloxone was administered to him.
- When paramedics arrived, they took over first aid and transported the man to hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342