SIU Investigating Serious Injury Sustained by Woman in Keswick
Case Number: 18-OFI-295
- At approximately 11:30 a.m. on October 3, 2018, York Regional Police officers were made aware that a 47-year-old woman was in distress at a Woodbine Avenue and Morton Avenue strip mall.
- Officers found the woman, but she fled into a nearby forest.
- Police eventually located her in the area of Carrick Avenue and Tuch Drive.
- During the interaction between police and the woman, the woman sustained a serious injury and was transported to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342