SIU Investigating Death of Man in Guelph/Eramosa Township
Case Number: 18-PCD-296
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PCD-296
- At approximately 1 p.m. on October 3, 2018, 911 received a call regarding a man in distress.
- Once the Ontario Provincial Police Communications Centre was able to determine that the man had called from the area of Side Road 14, west of 2 Line East, officers were dispatched.
- At approximately 2:45 p.m., officers located the man, deceased.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342