SIU Investigating Man’s Death in London
Case Number: 18-OCD-303
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCD-303
- On the night of October 11, 2018, London Police Service officers were dispatched to the area of Wonderland Road South and Harry White Drive to investigate a report of a vehicle in a ditch.
- Upon arrival, officers located the vehicle and transported the driver to the police station.
- At some point, the man became unresponsive and went vital signs absent.
- Emergency Medical Services transported the man to hospital where he was pronounced dead at 11:58 p.m.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342