SIU Investigating Woman’s Death in Woodstock
Case Number: 18-OOD-313
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OOD-313
- At approximately 1:40 a.m. on October 24, 2018, Woodstock Police Service officers and Emergency Medical Services responded to a medical assistance call at a residence located in the area of Dundas Street and Springbank Avenue.
- Upon arrival, officers commenced CPR on the woman and administered naloxone to her.
- The woman was transported to hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342