SIU Investigating Man’s Death in Kincardine
Case Number: 18-POD-319
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-POD-319
- At approximately 4:30 a.m. on October 31, 2018, Ontario Provincial Police officers responded to a residence in the area of Side Road 10 and South Line for a domestic incident.
- Based on information received at this residence, officers went to a second residence at Lake Range Drive and Concession Road 10. Officers spoke with a 45-year-old man at the residence and then left.
- At approximately 8:30 a.m., 911 received a call regarding a man in distress at the second residence, and subsequently dispatched Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services. An OPP officer administered CPR to the 45-year-old man.
- The man was transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342