SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Vaughan Arrest
Case Number: 18-OCI-326
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCI-326
- At approximately 9:15 p.m. on November 4, 2018, YRP officers stopped a vehicle on Steeles Avenue at Weston Road.
- While attempting to arrest the driver of the vehicle, there was an interaction between the driver and officers.
- The man was transported to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342