SIU Investigating Death of Man in Grey Highlands
Case Number: 18-POD-329
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-POD-329
- At approximately 7:30 p.m. on November 9, 2018, Ontario Provincial Police officers with the Grey County detachment responded to a residence for a domestic situation involving two males, one being the 52-year-old man.
- After investigating the situation, the officers left.
- At approximately 2:15 a.m. on November 10, 2018, the OPP received a call from the residence. When officers arrived, they located the 52-year-old man, deceased. He had suffered a gunshot wound.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342