SIU Investigating Woman’s Death in Clayton
Case Number: 18-POD-331
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-POD-331
- On November 11, 2018, the woman attended a Remembrance Day ceremony at a community centre in Clayton. Around noon, she went into medical distress.
- An Ontario Provincial Police officer - who was in attendance - commenced CPR on the woman and administered naloxone to her.
- The woman was transported to hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342