SIU Investigating Injuries to Man in North York; Case Related to Carjacking of Taxi
Case Number: 18-TCI-353
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-TCI-353
- At approximately 3 a.m. on December 13, 2018, Toronto Police Service officers responded to the area of Spadina Avenue and College Street after receiving a call regarding a carjacking of a taxi.
- TPS officers were able to track the taxi to the area of Clanton Park Road and Wilson Heights Boulevard in North York. There was an interaction between officers and the 22-year-old driver of the stolen taxi, and he was subsequently arrested.
- He was transported to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342