SIU Investigating Death of Man in Guelph
Case Number: 18-OCD-355
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCD-355
- At approximately 11:30 a.m. on December 13, 2018, Guelph Police Service officers responded to a break and enter call at a residence on Speedvale Avenue East, near Victoria Avenue North.
- While police spoke with Mr. Abbott, the owner of the residence, he collapsed.
- Emergency Medical Services attended and transported him to hospital. He was pronounced dead shortly thereafter.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342