SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Arrest of Man in Richmond Hill
Case Number: 18-OCI-361
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCI-361
- At approximately 10:15 a.m. on December 15, 2018, YRP officers responded to a residence on Claridge Drive, just off Pearson Avenue, for a report of a man with a gun.
- Officers located the man and arrested him. He was taken to the police station and lodged in a cell.
- Shortly after that, the man was transported to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342