SIU Investigating Collision in Toronto
Case Number: 18-TVI-375
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-TVI-375
- At approximately 9:30p.m. on December 25, 2018, Toronto Police Service (TPS) officers were responding to a call for assistance.
- A TPS vehicle travelling westbound on Cosburn Avenue collided with a civilian vehicle travelling southbound on Woodmount Avenue.
- Three occupants from the civilian vehicle sustained serious but non-life threatening injuries and were taken to St. Michael’s Hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342