SIU Investigating After Vehicle Crashes Into Home in Ottawa
Case Number: 18-OVI-380
- At approximately 1:00a.m on December 30, 2018, officers with the Ottawa Police Service (OPS) attempted to stop a vehicle in the area of St. Laurent Boulevard and Cote Street in Ottawa.
- The driver of the vehicle fled from the officers and a short time later crashed into a home on Jean Talon Street.
- The man suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries and was transported to Montfort Hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342