SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Ottawa Interaction
Case Number: 18-OCI-381
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCI-381
- At approximately 8 a.m. on December 31, 2018, an OPS officer was in his cruiser when he observed a dispute between a man and a woman in the area of Booth Street and Wellington Street.
- The officer exited his cruiser and soon after, he became involved in an interaction with the man.
- Additional officers arrived, and the man was apprehended.
- He was transported to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342