SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Kenora Arrest
Case Number: 18-PCI-382
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PCI-382
- At approximately 3:30 a.m. on December 16, 2018, an OPP officer observed a vehicle traveling on Highway 17.
- As a result of the officer’s interest in the vehicle, the driver pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant located at the intersection of Highway 17 and River Drive.
- Following an interaction between the man and officer, the man was arrested and transported to the OPP Kenora detachment.
- When the man complained of pain, he was transported to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342