SIU Investigating Death of Man in Clarksburg
Case Number: 19-PCD-021
Other News Releases Related to Case 19-PCD-021
- At approximately 10 p.m. on January 29, 2019, OPP officers responded to a residence in the area of Clark Street and 10th Line for a domestic call.
- Upon arrival, officers secured the safety of an individual, and then set up a perimeter around the residence in which a man of interest was determined to be.
- Multiple attempts were made to contact the man.
- At approximately 4:30 a.m., officers entered the premises and found the man deceased.
The SIU is an independent civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342