SIU Investigating Falling Injury in Brantford
Case Number: 19-OCI-031
Other News Releases Related to Case 19-OCI-031
- At approximately 2 p.m. on February 7, 2019, the Brantford Police Service received a call from hospital staff regarding a patient who had left the Brantford General Hospital.
- The police service then received another call regarding a man standing on the top level of the hospital’s parking garage.
- Upon the arrival of police, the man fled and then fell to the ground below.
- He was admitted to hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342