SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Ottawa Interaction
Case Number: 19-OCI-049
- At approximately 11 a.m. on March 7, 2019, police attended the Food Basics at the Herongate plaza as a result of receiving a call.
- When a person of interest fled, police officers pursued him. The man was apprehended on Walkley road, in front of the grocery store.
- The man was taken to hospital for treatment of a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342