SIU Investigating Man’s Serious Injuries in Cambridge
Case Number: 19-OCI-061
Other News Releases Related to Case 19-OCI-061
- At approximately 10:40 a.m. on Saturday, March 23, 2019, officers with the Waterloo Regional Police Service responded to a call in the area of Argyle Street North and King Street East.
- Officers attempted to arrest the man in relation to the call.
- The man fled and officers located him nearby.
- Just after 10:45 a.m., he was transported to hospital with serious injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342