SIU Investigating Man’s Fatal Fall from Overpass in Waterloo
Case Number: 19-OCD-120
Other News Releases Related to Case 19-OCD-120
- Around noon on Tuesday, June 4, 2019, the Waterloo Regional Police Service received information regarding a man in distress in the area of Northfield Drive West and Highway 85.
- Officers located the man and began speaking with him.
- Shortly after, the man fell from the overpass to the highway below.
- He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342