SIU Investigating Man’s Death in Kenora
Case Number: 19-PCD-128
- At approximately 11:15 p.m. on June 10, 2019, Ontario Provincial Police officers with the Kenora detachment responded to a business on Park Street for a break and enter call.
- Inside the business, officers located the man and arrested him.
- He was transported to a hospital in Kenora for treatment, and then airlifted to a hospital in Winnipeg where he died on June 15, 2019.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342